• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 115
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

Author Topic: Marty's salty side tank log  (Read 129398 times)

Offline marty.h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1386
  • -Receive: 790
Re: Marty's salty side tank log
« Reply #1665 on: October 23, 2016, 11:32:20 am »
Yeah I have seen the advert yeah I make sure I get sleep all be it sometimes only 6 hours in 24 hours but I'm fine on that amount.

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Gingerlove05

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 1755
    • -Receive: 2172
    « Reply #1666 on: October 23, 2016, 03:55:06 pm »
    Ive always thought you were lovely Marty :) i know the pain of 6 hours sleep in 24hours, im sure ive done 36hours(12 hour nights) off. 4 hours sleep. And Kas i just had a load of memories flood back into my head with you saying that about the advert lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline marty.h

• Thank You
    « Reply #1667 on: October 23, 2016, 04:13:31 pm »
    I do enjoy the job yesterday was my day off but I called in and said if you busy I'll come in so went on a few jobs.

A couple of jobs was what we call "lock outs" where the customer has locked there keys in the car. They think you are a magician when you get in , some vehicles take less then 4 minutes to get into !!

They are my favourite jobs though opening cars up without any damage nor the use of a brick haha
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:15:30 pm by marty.h »

Offline Gingerlove05

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #1668 on: October 23, 2016, 04:32:16 pm »
    Thats something ive never done, i dont know how people do it lol and forget bricks, spark plugs are the way to go for most effect with least chance of scratching/other damage.
    I nearly said "so how do you do it without the keys" lmao

Offline marty.h

• Thank You
    « Reply #1669 on: October 23, 2016, 04:40:01 pm »
    I can't say how I do it for obvious reasons haha

Most keys are locked in boot at supermarkets they put shopping in and drop keys without knowing and shut boot then go ooops I can't get in car haha

Offline Gingerlove05

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    Marty's salty side tank log
    « Reply #1670 on: October 23, 2016, 05:43:08 pm »
    Yeah i did realise hence why i nearly said how lol must just be me being lucky/sensible that way always make sure my keys are out the way

Offline marty.h

• Thank You
    « Reply #1671 on: October 23, 2016, 08:30:42 pm »
    One of the ones i done the other night the lady was unlucky in the fact her car key fell off her keyring into the boot as she put her shopping in and didn't realise until she went to open door and only had a keyring in her hand. Keys locked in happens quite a bit there is just me and one other bloke who works for my company who mainly does them.

I had a nightmare one the other night on a vehicle made it harder as it was deadlocked so my normal methods it was not playing ball but after working through a small gap I was in that was by far the worst one I have had to do so far. The lady said just put a window through but I said no it will not beat me ill find a way in as I take it as a challenge to get in with absolutely no damage or trace of doing it and I don't give up till I am.

I had another the other night a broken down long wheel base transit half on the hard shoulder half on the first lane of the A11 duel carriage way. Got there and assessed it engine seized and the vehicle being in the position it was it was not safe for the customer or other vehicles.

So I hooked a bar from my van onto it doing this on the side of a duel carriage way around 5:45 at night so traffic is busy and pulled the transit off the duel carriage way via the next junction where it was nice and quiet and the custoner ect was safe and easier for one of our recovery trucks to collect it.

The customer then proceeded to moan at me because there was nowhere for him to buy a cup of tea and food !!! I just explained that you are now in a safe location with no chance of being hurt and I'm sorry there is no where for you to get a drink and food

You just can't please some people it's not the nicest place to be on the side of a live A road with traffic flying past at 70mph + while hooking my vehicle to another to pull it off. Thankfully nearly all are grateful to see me but get the occasional pain in the bum !!

Offline Gingerlove05

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #1672 on: October 23, 2016, 09:44:56 pm »
    I always question you guys about what you think is wrong etc being an engineer i like to know how it works :) but im always happy to see "you" turn up. I dont know why people get arsy, good way to upset the people trying to help. Touch wood haven't had to use a breakdown in a long while. Last time was after i toasted my hand on the radiator, i think you can probably work out how...

Offline marty.h

• Thank You
    « Reply #1673 on: October 23, 2016, 11:56:20 pm »
    As I'm working on anyone's car I always explain what I'm doing and why instead of just leaving them standing there like a mushroom and have a general chat to them that's what I love about it. I'm always meeting different people and get a real sense of achievement when I can help them and get them back on there way.

Offline Gingerlove05

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #1674 on: October 24, 2016, 12:01:28 am »
    Lol youd never get rid of me, at least not until my OH starts telling me to shut up haha

Offline marty.h

• Thank You
    « Reply #1675 on: October 24, 2016, 12:04:20 am »
    I don't mind it i enjoy explaining the process I go through to hopefully find and mend the fault for them

Offline marty.h

• Thank You
    « Reply #1676 on: October 24, 2016, 12:11:46 am »
    @Gingerlove05 I've sent you a message on WhatsApp messenger :)

Offline ajm83

• Thank You
    • -Given: 115
    • -Receive: 244
    « Reply #1677 on: October 24, 2016, 04:52:26 pm »
    I do enjoy the job yesterday was my day off but I called in and said if you busy I'll come in so went on a few jobs.

A couple of jobs was what we call "lock outs" where the customer has locked there keys in the car. They think you are a magician when you get in , some vehicles take less then 4 minutes to get into !!

They are my favourite jobs though opening cars up without any damage nor the use of a brick haha

Reminds me, I was out cycling in Wales a month back and a mate locked his keys in when he was loading his car up. He waited four hours in the rain for the RAC man to turn up, and when he did, he just smashed the window reached in for the keys and went "there you go boy"  *grin*

Offline Munchy2007

• TFF Supporter
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 90
    • -Receive: 245
    « Reply #1678 on: October 24, 2016, 07:09:02 pm »
    Reminds me, I was out cycling in Wales a month back and a mate locked his keys in when he was loading his car up. He waited four hours in the rain for the RAC man to turn up, and when he did, he just smashed the window reached in for the keys and went "there you go boy"  *grin*

I'd have asked for my membership fee back!
    Seabray Tank - picture log goo.gl/LpdhEO

All my advice is based on results I've observed in my own tanks in over 40 years of fish keeping, unless otherwise indicated.

Offline marty.h

• Thank You
    « Reply #1679 on: October 24, 2016, 10:54:01 pm »

What was the car ?

And smashed the window Christ I would be going mental at the RAC for that but then at our place there 2 of us who do the lockouts so maybe he was not trained to do it but still not the point they should of sent someone who was !!

Let me know the make and model and I can soon tell you if he was justified in smashing a window but I don't know of any cars you can't get in some just take more time and patience