• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 57
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Author Topic: Siamese Fighting Fish Tank Mates  (Read 8073 times)

Offline Chadatious

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Siamese Fighting Fish Tank Mates
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »
my figther is with mollies, endlers, a zebra loach, and shrimps and ive had no issues at all
x1 crown betta
x1 zebra loach
x1 bamboo shrimp
x3 amino shrimps
x1 african dwarf frog
x3 female mollys
x5 endler guppies
x1 mini plec

and lots of molly fry

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline falcorob

• Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    « Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 08:42:28 pm »
    My Dragon Scale (Sid as in El...I know, I know. Blame the Grandkids) has 6 Ember Tetra's and 2 Yamato Shrimp as tank-mates. Never been an issue.

The other one (Arnie - because that's his name Grandad!!) lives on his own and tends to hide most of the day and is skittish if anyone goes up to the tank unless to feed him. I'm considering putting some shrimp in with him to see if they give him something to look at other than his own reflection all day.
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:44:28 pm by falcorob »
    Kawasaki. For Life...... and Soul.
    Aprilia. For ever.

Offline Nelson1979

• Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    « Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 08:59:58 pm »
    Really does depend on the individual Betta, as you can see from my signature I have my Veil tail Betta (Tyson) who is three years old in with my Guppys, I've never had any problems whatsoever and he doesn't even eat the guppy fry, yet when I originally bought him and had him in my community tank my mollies thought his long flowing tail was a new cuisine they hadn't sampled yet, I moved him into my Guppy tank as a short term measure until I could sort another tank for him, he's still there problem free 2 and half years later, I then bought another Betta (Zeus) although he was only 4 months old at the time I put him in my community tank and due to him being young and not having the fully grown flowing tail my Mollies never bothered him.  I also previously had a Betta which lived for 3 years and 8 months in my community tank and never had any bother with him either, I was also told that he wouldn't bother with cucumber but whenever I dropped a few slices in my tank he was always first there, true he never eat much of it but he used to love tearing them to pieces and the only time he ever 'flaired' was when other fish approached him before he'd had a chance to rip said cucumber to pieces.
    100 litres: Bronze Corydoras ×2, Electric Blue Rams ×3, Male Betta ×1, Dalmatian Molly ×1, Chinese Algae Eater ×1, Honey Dwarf Guarami ×1, Long Nosed Elephant Snails ×2.