• Total Topics: 70264
  • Online Today: 47
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Author Topic: Tetra questions  (Read 251 times)

Offline Redscorpian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Tetra questions
« on: December 03, 2014, 09:02:21 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm new here and to fish keeping in general but I have a question I'd like answered please. I have a well planted 350 litre 'community' tank with a reasonable selection of, what have been sold to me by reputable stores as community fish. The problem is that fish go missing - completely disappear, no carcass, no remains, you get the picture. There have been a couple of fish with chunks eaten out of them - still living - that obviously die. The the bites were pretty much semi-circular and about 5mm across. Fish of ALL species except the 4 black widow tetra have gone so I suspect them. They do tend to be very active when the lights are out and hardly visible otherwise. Am I guessing correctly, could they be the culprits?

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Zac460

• Thank You
    • -Given: 883
    • -Receive: 313
    Re: Tetra questions
    « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 09:06:33 pm »
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and to fish keeping in general but I have a question I'd like answered please. I have a well planted 350 litre 'community' tank with a reasonable selection of, what have been sold to me by reputable stores as community fish. The problem is that fish go missing - completely disappear, no carcass, no remains, you get the picture. There have been a couple of fish with chunks eaten out of them - still living - that obviously die. The the bites were pretty much semi-circular and about 5mm across. Fish of ALL species except the 4 black widow tetra have gone so I suspect them. They do tend to be very active when the lights are out and hardly visible otherwise. Am I guessing correctly, could they be the culprits?

Black widows are known to be a bit nippy, especially in smaller numbers. Why not start your own thread on this?

Offline plankton

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 162
    • -Receive: 6657
    • I will say this only once, OK a million times....
    Re: Tetra questions
    « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 09:22:35 am »
    I've split this from the log you posted on and made your own thread to avoid confusion.
    What fish do/did you have? What are your water parameters and how long has it been set up?
    Sent from my PC as I still don't understand the the logic for mobile internet usage ;) *grin*
    I really hate "autocorrupt"!!!

"We found this spoon sir"

Take it easy
    Ian