Forum > Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.

For everyone with Limpopo sand

(1/3) > >>

Cichliduk:
There's been a few threads recently regarding Limpopo sand. One being it's colour darkness being different in new v old batches and also about how it's magnetic.! I emailed unipac as I wanted to clarify all this as I have it in my tank also, this was the response.

Dear Ste,

Thank you for your email.

The main base material of Limpopo is silica which has no magnetic properties.

The coating comprises Iron Oxide which is the most popular and common coating used for black coatings. It is insoluble in water, totally harmless to fish and non-toxic.

In response to your question regarding the darkness, there should be minimal/no change in shade. However, if you notice any difference, it will be that the older Limpopo was darker.

I hope this is useful.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Sonali Devani
Business Development
D-Pac Limited
4 Sketty Close
Brackmills
Northampton
NN4 7PL
United Kingdom
Tel +44 (0) 1604 705600

Hope this is useful info for you.

WadeWilson:
Maybe this should get pinned or whatever it's called. Alot of newbies have questions about which dark sand to go for, most of us point them towards limpopo lol

Cichliduk:
Yep, hope it clears up future questions. But in my opinion the colour difference I had in batches was quite a big difference.  Not 'minimal/no change". Other than that it's a very helpful email.

WadeWilson:
I'm not sure what batch I have but I love it regardless and I was wanting the black moon sand originally

Cichliduk:
Yeah I'm glad I went for it also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version