• Total Topics: 70247
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 60
Total: 61

Author Topic: Dennerle 20l Nano  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Alex.R

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Dennerle 20l Nano
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:58:37 am »
Ok, I haven't really done a tank log as such, but this is some of the story gets a bit jumbled but it is from start to now(May-Now)....

Okay, so far my project has gone fine, up until now  *fool*

Stage one, added the deponit, rinsed clean and added the shrimp gravel

stage two, added filter and lamp

stage three and four added water with the recommended doses of dennerle water conditioner, water fertiliser and shrimp care liquid and the heater. I've also added some riccia which was rinsed in the extra tank water I made up, then tied it to some boiled and scrubbed granite with some clear low diameter mono-filament carp hook length.  I also added some Pennywort that came with the Riccia.  There are also a few grains of shrimp food and algae wafers to help with the cycling, I was told to leave them in and let them dissolved to help the bacteria develope. (note- the rocks will be moved, just waiting on my plants)

Planted with
Big Willow moss on black mesh X1 (hand made and tied)
Weeping moss on black meshX1  (hand made and tied)
Spikey moss on black mesh  X1(hand made and tied)
Anchor moss on black mesh X1 (hand made and tied)
Limnophila Aromatica / Rice Paddy Herb X1 (bunch)
Hydrocotyle Leucocephala / Pennywort (got 2 tiny fronds with root that came with the Riccia)
Ammania Sp Bonsai X2 (bunches)
Echinodorous Tenellus / pygmy chain sword / mudbabies X2 (bunches)
Echinodorous quadricostatus / Chain sword X2 (bunches)
Riccia on stone X3 (hand made and tied)
Eriocaulon Cinereum / Ashy Pipewort X2 (bunches)
oh and a small piece of mopani wood

(don't forget this is my first EVER project) the pictures seem dark, had to modify my phone pictures light absorbtion due to the tanks lamp, I also picked some of the flowering ashy  *grin* I used all the plants listed, just not the quantity of each

Ok bit of an update, not much difference other than adding some new 3 mud-babies and 3 Red/purple Lobelia Cardinalis, also I've noticed the mud-babies are flowering, which I have not seen yet. The ashy is no more, which I expected. One of the Aromaticas is growing quite tall as is the penny wort, which I think I'll leave to grow up and along the surface. The pics are quite old so the moss is still shown as is the Ashy... I'll get new photos soon!

Had to quarantine some moss woth hair alage, on day two of this so will hopefully be ok by saturday.  Had to give my Riccia away as it was starting to get into my filter and clogg it up  I've started to do a 10% water change every day to help the back end of my cycling, I also got some FISH   and didn't have to pay for them either   a bit of trade community friendlyness. I was given four tiger endlers 3 female and 1 male, must have been some kind of joke that was on me  and also four micro Raspboras(think thats how it's spelt) I've been told in good faith that they will be fine in my nano(the owner has various awards for breeding and a few from PFK ) So all in all not bad so far. All I had to pay for was some food, which I still owe Tony(Nobody here by that name) for as I had no change muahahahaha  

Ok So I'm now over stocked and will be giving/selling some of my Live stock... So I had to order some fish bags off ebay...

I currently have
5 Narrow Wedge Harlequins(selling to a friend :( )
7 Dwarf Emerald Rasboras
3 Adult Tiger Endlers + 13 Fry(Tony will be getting some of these)
2 Green Shrimp
2 Amano Shrimp
2 Red/Long/Needle Nose Shrimp
1 Rainbow Shrimp
1 Pink Rams Horn Snail

Soon as the Endler fry are big enough to go I'll hopefully get to re-do the tank with some nicer plants and I may also try it with out a background
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:03:49 am by Alex.R »
Planted 20l dennerle Nano
2 Tiger Endlers
6 Dwarf Emerald Rasboras
2 Rednose Shrimp
2 Amano Shrimp
2 Green Shrimp
1 Leopard Ramshorn Snail

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement