• Total Topics: 70264
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Author Topic: Yoyo loach and cories  (Read 907 times)

vonnie06

Yoyo loach and cories
« on: October 08, 2015, 05:21:10 pm »
Hi everyone I bought two yoyo loaches off a selling page they are about 4 inch long they've been in the tank about a 3 weeks.since having them in there I've lost 3 phantom tetra and 3 cories no obvious sign of disease they weren't old and my water is normal,this morning when I turned on the lights the yoyo loaches were circling my angel fish to the point he couldn't get away then they started chasing my cories do you think it's them harassing my fish and the fish die?because it seems strange my fish have been dieing since adding these fish with no signs of disease.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Drunken horse

• Thank You
    • -Given: 328
    • -Receive: 507
    Re: Yoyo loach and cories
    « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 05:35:48 pm »
    How bigs your tank?  Yoyos arent really aggressive (except to each other) though they follow everything around which can stress fish.  Loaches and Cories arent a good mix as the cories are oblivious to everything and loaches have spikes on them which can damage the soft underside of cory which can cause infections but its unusual to lose 3 quickly this way and I've never heard of Corys being stressed by other fish.   I'd think its more likely the loaches have brought something in with them

Offline plankton

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 162
    • -Receive: 6657
    • I will say this only once, OK a million times....
    « Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:10:57 am »
    It's either the accidental damage or they've come in with a problem which they've passed to the other fish.
    Sent from my PC as I still don't understand the the logic for mobile internet usage ;) *grin*
    I really hate "autocorrupt"!!!

"We found this spoon sir"

Take it easy
    Ian

vonnie06

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 03:00:21 pm »
    Sorry everyone haven't been able to look on here at replys.tha ks for you responses,my tank is 47inch by 16inch by 24 inch  think it's 56gallon.i haven't lost anymore fish since posting I've kept an eye on them to make sure there's no signs of disease or fish stressing but there's nothing now.so I don't know think I'm gonna have to keep watching them which I don't mind ^-^

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk