• Total Topics: 70247
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

Author Topic: Juwel Rio 300  (Read 226 times)

Offline bubba

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Juwel Rio 300
« on: January 22, 2017, 04:44:33 am »
ive bought a second hand juwel rio 300 (350 litre ) its massive and i cant wait to use it at the moment im just waiting on some parts for the filter its a fluval fx5 and im just replacing the hoses and adding clips to the back.

im going to buy the juwel 3d background in stone granite ill put that in with silicone.

Next thing will be white silica sand and to add water

then ill be heavily planting it and adding bog wood and maybe some slate

not sure what  to add yet a few i like are neons , tiger barbs, albino corys, red cherry shrimp , clown loach ,red tailed blacksharks not 100% what ill end up having but it would be very welcome if some one would let me know what cant go together dont worry ill definitely research everything to ensure they are compatible

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline plankton

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 162
    • -Receive: 6657
    • I will say this only once, OK a million times....
    Re: Juwel Rio 300
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:26:27 am »
    Don't keep shrimp with loaches, they'll get eaten (the shrimp, not the loaches).
    I wouldn't keep loaches with corys either as the loaches may hurt the corys accidentally during feeding time. The 300 isn't big enough for clown loaches, you'll be looking at yo-yos as the biggest, and you will need 5 (at least).
    Neons need it much cooler than the other fish, look at cardinals instead.
    Are you sure about the 3D background? You will lose a lot of space.
    Sent from my PC as I still don't understand the the logic for mobile internet usage ;) *grin*
    I really hate "autocorrupt"!!!

"We found this spoon sir"

Take it easy
    Ian

Offline KevB

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 3
    • -Receive: 147
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 11:58:44 am »
    Have a think about the 3d backgrounds. They can become real dirt/algae magnets. To fit all the way across a rio 300 it will be quite costly with the authentic Juwel tiles and they do take up some space (quite thick). They are also really bouyant so you need a good amount of silicone seal to keep them in place.There are other alternative suppliers on the web for 3 d backgrounds if you really want to do it, worth shopping around.

Offline bubba

• Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 1
    « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 01:47:50 pm »
    Thanks for the help much better to know all this now at the moment the tank is empty im looking at the juwel background there about £35 each and id need 2 so £70 , ive looked around for alternatives but alot of them are even more expensive is there anything you could reccomend

Im in no rush to fill the tank as i want it properly setup and to have no problems ,

All points taken aboard with the fish ill let this forum know what im putting in before just in case of any problems