• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 115
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Author Topic: My multiple tanks log  (Read 20403 times)

Offline Newbie fishkeeper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 624
  • -Receive: 246
Re: My multiple tanks log
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2017, 04:07:42 pm »
L'il Bub has such a big mouth!!!!
Just like his dad! Lol
He’s lookig well N :) how big is he now? His brother is coming up around 50mm long, and not far off around 15mm broad.
some very nice pics of them all :)

He is about the same but probably only 10mm wide.

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Ruth

• Thank You
    • -Given: 1366
    • -Receive: 503
    « Reply #256 on: December 31, 2017, 04:54:58 pm »
    Bub looks like Mick Jagger with his big gob!! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Newbie fishkeeper

• Thank You
    • -Given: 624
    • -Receive: 246
    « Reply #257 on: September 17, 2019, 08:45:43 pm »
    I'm back on the site.
    Well I have been away from the forum for some time now. Life has gotten in the way of spending time online but I'm making some lifestyle changes to allow more me time.
    So I'll start/restart with whats changed.
    Still have my 300ltr 4ft tank but now it's stocked with mainly central American fish, with a few exceptions.
    Unfortunately little bub damaged his jaw to the extent he couldn't eat so sadly we lost him. After loosing him I was feeling deflated with the hobby and decided to re-do my tank.
    So I done a load if reading and decided on a loose CA themed community tank based around cichlids.

I set up a 125ltr tank for my existing fish to have after I seen the cichlids picking on the cory. So now I have a 125ltr tank with;
    15 corydoras Venezuelanus, 20 glass blood fin tetra and 2 bristlenose as the main occupants. Currently I have a load of juvenile T bar cichlids in tgere growing out aswell, I think I have 10 or 12 in there.

And the 300ltr has; 16 x Buenos Aires tetra (an exception), 6  x blind cave tetra, 5 x rainbow fish (another exception because the 125 is too small), 3 x Rainbow cichlids, 5 x firemouths, 4 x t-bars, 2 x electric blue acara, 2 x blue acara (both acara are from South America but the wife and I both love them) 1 x Nicaraguan cichlid, 10 swordtails and 2 limia.

My intention is to move on 2 x t bars 3 firemouths leaving me with pairs of each and looking out for Nicaraguan cichlids to try get a pair of them.

I appreciate that my tank is heavily stocked but the nitrates are well under control getting to about 40 before the weekly 50% change.
    And the stocking seems to be working very well, I currently have 2 pairs caring for fry, the eb acara and t bars again so I am going to be looking for alot of new homes soon, in fact I already have about 5 t bars ready for new homes.

Anyway here's a couple pictures,  I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again.

Offline Stephen

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 147
    • -Receive: 2052
    « Reply #258 on: September 17, 2019, 09:43:26 pm »
    Hi Nick good to see you again.

I have sent you a personal message (PM).

Stephen
    Look after your fish and the water, do regular water changes & maintenance, do your research and the hobby will be rewarding.
    All the best
    Stephen