Forum > General Aquaria

kuhli loaches ?

(1/16) > >>

Fishnut:
right im looking into setting up my 98L tank  which previously had gravel in but im now going to set it up with sand for the first time  *grin* ive heard that kuhli loaches can help prevent dead spots of anaerobic bacteria from forming in the sand and so im thinking about getting some for this reason and i also quite like the look of them  *grin*

so i basically just thought id ask for a rundown from people who may have kept or are still keeping kuhli loaches and thought this was the best way to get info on them    *fish2*

look forward to any replies i get  *grin*

chrisjj:
I have some sand in my newly set up 186ltr & wanted something to stir it.  I'm trying to keep it a pest snail free tank, so Malaysian trumpet snails were out, & I don't like corys, so I recently bought 5 kuhlis.

They are great fish, so much so that I now have 9! Very shy to start with, but getting more adventurous by the day.  They look great, are something a little different, stir the sand just enough so it doesn't go everywhere & keep it very clean.

Only had them a few weeks so based on that, I'd strongly recommend them.

Fishnut:
do you know how large they grow by any chance since they will probably be going in my 98l tank first of all and i don't really know how many i could stock in there whether they'll outgrow the tank eventually or what not?  :)

they do look like really interesting fish almost look like eels , yeh ive heard about malaysian trumpet snails and ive had a few pest snail outbreaks and thats the reason i ended up shutting down my 98L in the first place there sodding annoying and i don't particulary want to go through that again  *cry*

sorry just wondering but how come you don't like corys ? :)

chrisjj:
I think they grow to about 8cm long, but guess they stay thin, so like little snakes!

If you get pest snails, just get one assassin snail - problem solved!

I just don't like corys, like I don't like platys, and many other fish for that matter! - no one seems to be able to understand that!!   *rolleyes* *dontknow*

Fishnut:
how many would you probably recommend to get for my 98L ?

yeh i only really just heard of assasin snails and if i get another outbreak i think i will get one of them , i had been put off them before since i did'nt know that it takes a long while for them to breed to over populate :)

nah its fair enough , different people will always like different fish , like my favorite fish is pleco's but since i don't have big enough tanks i can't get any but am looking at bristle nose plecos  *yahoo*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version