• Total Topics: 70247
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 37
Total: 38

Author Topic: 13rovers' Betta Tank  (Read 753 times)

13rovers

13rovers' Betta Tank
« on: July 19, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »
So, it's taken me a while to do it, but finally I have gotten around to posting a tank log! 

The tank is an Aqua Qube 25, which was bought for me as a Betta tank by my good lady wife for Xmas 2010. 

In went a layer of jbl aquabase+ with some fine black gravel on top.  I added a nice size rock, and small piece of bog wood(to try and mask the heater!)  I picked a plant I liked and pulled a piece off my daughters moss ball from her tank!

With a good filter squeeze, I managed to fishless cycle it in 17days, then stocked it with 2 otos and Betta No1 called Big Bad Barry (named by my 2 year old after a character from her favourite cartoon). 

Unfortunately, after about 4 months, Barry contracted fin fungus, and despite treating with pimafix, he met his end  :( 

Within a week, we had replaced him with Betta No 2 - Dodo (also named by my 2 year old). 

Unfortunately, and again in spite of treating with pimafix, he also succumbed to fin fungus, so I decided no more Bettas for me! 

The tank now hosts the same 2 otos, 4 harlequin rasboras, 2 endlers, 5 tiger shrimps, 7 red cherry shrimps and 1 amano shrimp (originally 2, but one escaped!) 

Despite it being a nano, and seemingly over-stocked, I have never had any trouble with the water parameters, but do keep well on top of water changes.   

Plants have changed a few times since the start, and I'm now settled on it as it is (well for now at least). 

Hope you enjoy the pics. 

Tim

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline plankton

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 162
    • -Receive: 6657
    • I will say this only once, OK a million times....
    Re: 13rovers' Betta Tank
    « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 12:58:56 pm »
    Sorry you lost your bettas :(

Nice tiger shrimp though :)
    Sent from my PC as I still don't understand the the logic for mobile internet usage ;) *grin*
    I really hate "autocorrupt"!!!

"We found this spoon sir"

Take it easy
    Ian

Lee_P

13rovers' Betta Tank
    « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 01:13:51 pm »
    R.I.P big bad Barry he mist of ate to many boats!!! P.s that's what the fish in said cartoon does lol it's my sons favourite and I'm a closet fan : )

13rovers

Re: 13rovers' Betta Tank
    « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:26:27 pm »
    R.I.P big bad Barry he mist of ate to many boats!!! P.s that's what the fish in said cartoon does lol it's my sons favourite and I'm a closet fan : )

Gotta say. Nanny Plum does get the odd chuckle out of me!