• Total Topics: 70258
  • Online Today: 66
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 88
Total: 88

Author Topic: got my fish ordered  (Read 477 times)

Offline yorkiejeff

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
got my fish ordered
« on: January 14, 2018, 10:14:47 am »
went and ordered my fish yesterday. luckily my local pet shop owner is also a fish keeper and he is only a street away so his hardnes is the same as me. also he is going to quarantine them for a couple of weeks for me as well. so the list is male and female bn catfish, 6 dwarf otos, 8 lemon tetras ( love the evil red zombie eyes lol) and 6 albino corys. and he is going to take the chinese algae eaters off me. might get another 10 neons as well. cant wait now  *grin* *grin* *grin*

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Suelo

• Thank You
    • -Given: 323
    • -Receive: 653
    Re: got my fish ordered
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 10:39:23 am »
    I like that List! Were you hoping to add all these at once though? I'm sorry to be a pain, but I think you might need to add the fish group by group so your filter bacteria can grow. You've probably got enough bacteria to support your current neons & CAEs but, I'm not sure that it will then be able to support all those extra fish if added in one go.

Offline yorkiejeff

• Thank You
    « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:41:26 am »
    yeah, going to add the bn s and the tetras first, then give it a couple of weeks then add more. already got a dozen neons in for about a month now. and lose the cae. heard too many bad stories and the wife bought them by mistake.

Offline Ruth

• Thank You
    • -Given: 1366
    • -Receive: 503
    « Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 10:45:16 am »
    I agree with Suelo... love that list, but maybe could he keep them for a few weeks as you add a group at a time?  I’m in that process too.  Started with 12 Danios, a two weeks later added my Rams and Plec, a week later added 8 Sterbai Cory and waiting in the wings for next weekend are 6 more sterbai .   Sure it prolongs the excitement!!  Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ruth

• Thank You
    • -Given: 1366
    • -Receive: 503
    « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:45:47 am »
    yeah, going to add the bn s and the tetras first, then give it a couple of weeks then add more. already got a dozen neons in for about a month now. and lose the cae. heard too many bad stories and the wife bought them by mistake.
    Oh.  Just read this!  Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline yorkiejeff

• Thank You
    « Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 10:59:34 am »
    cheers ruth, looking forward to seeing it stocked. will post a pic later when i get rid of a couple of plant that have commited suiide and add some new ones. everyone loves pics  *applause*

Offline plankton

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 162
    • -Receive: 6657
    • I will say this only once, OK a million times....
    « Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 11:16:58 am »
    Removing the CAEs will give you extra stocking room, so you should be ok with the lemons and BNs, maybe even the otos.
    I would wait for the corys and extra neons, and add them in 2 separate batches, two to three weeks apart.
    Sent from my PC as I still don't understand the the logic for mobile internet usage ;) *grin*
    I really hate "autocorrupt"!!!

"We found this spoon sir"

Take it easy
    Ian

Offline yorkiejeff

• Thank You
    « Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 12:22:32 pm »
    yeah, thats what im going to do plankton, see i do listen to your advice lol. glad my local shop will take the CAEs, do have an offer of another tank, but swmbo says a most definate no, ( for the minute  *grin* ill work on her).

Offline yorkiejeff

• Thank You
    « Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 05:39:33 pm »
    here is the tank so far,with new plants after the others disovled in my hand when i was taking them out. euuugh.

Offline yorkiejeff

• Thank You
    « Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 06:01:54 pm »
    meant to say as well, my lovely sexy fantastic wife has said i can get the smaller tank. still going to lose the CAEs but thinking of a nano biotope, not sure yet though. ides/ suggestions more than welcome.