• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

Author Topic: Conwy Water Gardens - Conwy  (Read 1321 times)

Offline mpettitt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Conwy Water Gardens - Conwy
« on: March 25, 2018, 01:21:07 pm »
We popped in on our way back home from an event on the Welsh coast, and my wife's first words as we left were "those fish didn't look at all happy"...

The tanks weren't particularly clean, and several were covered in algae - I'm guessing these didn't have livestock in, but couldn't be sure. Lots of fish tilted up towards the surface, some swimming at strange angles, and others clustering round the filter outlets.

Compared to the local stores to home (South Manchester, so we're spoit for choice), it was like stepping back to a time where substrate was something you put under your path, and live plants were only for the really posh tanks.

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline _pjn312_

• Thank You
    • -Given: 53
    • -Receive: 350
    Re: Conwy Water Gardens - Conwy
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 01:47:03 pm »
    That is a shame, many south Manchester shops are good though - I've been to several, Abyss Aquatic Warehouse is a good one.

Offline mpettitt

• Thank You
    • -Given: 2
    • -Receive: 2
    Re: Conwy Water Gardens - Conwy
    « Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 02:40:08 pm »
    That is a shame, many south Manchester shops are good though - I've been to several, Abyss Aquatic Warehouse is a good one.
    Yeah, Abyss is good. The fish seem happy and well cared for. Not cheap though! I also quite like Bert & Ernie's Fish Shop in Reddish - weird opening hours, and outside the tanks it looks a bit scruffy in places, but the tanks themselves are really well kept, the staff are really friendly and helpful, and nice low prices too. Have a few fish from there.