Forum > Name and Shame

Maidenhead Aquatics - Shrewsbury

(1/1)

Stephen:
Maidenhead Aquatics - Shrewsbury
Situated in Wyevale Garden Centre (Percy Throwers), Thrower Road, Shrewsbury.

A small and tidy MA store but some fish are over-priced.

I can buy Rummy-nose tetra (Hemigrammus bleheri) for £2.00 each at my local MA store, in MA Shrewsbury they were £5.50 each.
Corydoras rabauti were £14.00 each, I paid £5.50 for mine ay my local MA store.
I spotted some Laetacara thayeri which I am wanting to buy, normally they are something like £5.50-£7.50 each, in MA Shrewsbury they were a whopping £26.00 each.
I asked why they were so expensive and was given a feasible but bull-shit answer.

Mossyboy:
As I previously posted, I had a similar problem with MA Edinburgh and MA Stirling.

Stephen:
The store itself was clean, the tanks were also clean and no dead fish to be seen.
The prices were much higher than my local MA.
Cardinal tetras were £4.45 or £4.50 each but I do not have a comparison locally (yet).
Green neons were £1.50 each which is 50% higher than my local store which are £1.00 each.

Maidenhead Aquatics - Shrewsbury; a nice small store inside Wyevale Garden Centre but expensive.

Stephen:

--- Quote from: Stephen on May 29, 2018, 06:32:25 pm ---The store itself was clean, the tanks were also clean and no dead fish to be seen.
The prices were much higher than my local MA.
Cardinal tetras were £4.45 or £4.50 each but I do not have a comparison locally (yet).

--- End quote ---
I bought some Cardinal tetra at my local MA which I only paid £1.50 each, that's a big difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version