• Total Topics: 70243
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Author Topic: BN chewed by other fish  (Read 624 times)

Offline Lyshx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 1
BN chewed by other fish
« on: January 26, 2019, 01:10:02 am »
I got two new bn’s today to go with the one I already had, I didn’t realise how small they actually were until they got here and didn’t have another tank set up so put them in the big tank. Seemed to be doing good. (I have in the tank 3 weather loach, 1 bn and 2 grow on koi’s ready to go in the pond in summer) one of the koi have got very big so I’m counting down the days till she can go in the pond but she is a bully and a cannibal! She was chasing the baby bn’s (they were hiding but whenever they came out she went after them) anyway I saw her grab something and start chewing it and knew it would be one of them. I got the net quickly and chased her and she spat it out. I have now set up a little tank and put the two bn’s in there. They seem ok they are sucking on the glass. Anyway the one that got chewed has a red bruise(?) on its head and also looks like some of one of his fins has been chewed or broken? What can I do? On hand right now I have Pimafix and melafix. Also have this amazing stuff formalin that I use in my pond but would be worried about overdosing as the tank I’ve moved them in to is only approx 20 litres.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold water; 1 oranda, 1 fantail& 3  weather loach.
Tropical; 8 female guppy, 1 female swordtail, 1 male swordtail, 1 whiptail catfish, 1 BN ancistrus& 1 chubby plec.
Second tropical; 4 male guppies and 1 male swordtail
Pond; 4 kois& 4 goldfish

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline plankton

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 162
    • -Receive: 6657
    • I will say this only once, OK a million times....
    Re: BN chewed by other fish
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:22:08 am »
    Melafix will prevent secondary problems and help regrowth, but it depends on how much damage has been done, and the stress that it's gone through.
    Sent from my PC as I still don't understand the the logic for mobile internet usage ;) *grin*
    I really hate "autocorrupt"!!!

"We found this spoon sir"

Take it easy
    Ian

Offline Lyshx

• Thank You
    • -Given: 10
    • -Receive: 1
    Re: BN chewed by other fish
    « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 02:27:33 am »
    Melafix will prevent secondary problems and help regrowth, but it depends on how much damage has been done, and the stress that it's gone through.
    Thanks, have put some melafix in the tank. It seems ok at the moment. Was out and about sucking on the glass earlier so touch wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cold water; 1 oranda, 1 fantail& 3  weather loach.
    Tropical; 8 female guppy, 1 female swordtail, 1 male swordtail, 1 whiptail catfish, 1 BN ancistrus& 1 chubby plec.
    Second tropical; 4 male guppies and 1 male swordtail
    Pond; 4 kois& 4 goldfish