Forum > Cichlids.

Orange head electric blue rams, male or female?

(1/6) > >>

Stebazz:
Couple of months ago I purchased 2 electric blue rams from my LFS.

I love them! They seem to be a little aggressive to all the tetra but nothing more than shooing, besides they don't see very accurate when feeding and chasing.

So to the point on of them seems a little larger and it's blue is so much brighter than the other, I'm wondering if there is anyone with experience of sexing them?

blackghost:
Thin ones are always difficult to sex. They’re a bit too thin imo, need more food. Their eyes and fins are growing but the bodies are not keeping up.

plankton:
They may need worming to clear the digestive systems and take on the nourishment perhaps?

Stebazz:

--- Quote from: blackghost on February 12, 2019, 09:21:20 pm ---Thin ones are always difficult to sex. They’re a bit too thin imo, need more food. Their eyes and fins are growing but the bodies are not keeping up.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that, I was wondering if they were getting enough as they always seem to come to the top bit then struggle to get much. Will try putting more sinking food in for when they go down.

Stebazz:

--- Quote from: plankton on February 13, 2019, 08:52:21 am ---They may need worming to clear the digestive systems and take on the nourishment perhaps?

--- End quote ---

Never used working meds before, which would you recommend (are they easy to use)? Would be horrified if I killed them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version