• Total Topics: 70275
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Author Topic: Pygmy Cory Compatibility  (Read 1176 times)

Offline EmperorMoth

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Pygmy Cory Compatibility
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:51:03 pm »
Hello all,

I've recently expressed an interest in the pygmy corydoras when looking up potential stocking ideas for my 240L tank. However I am not too sure whether that species of cory would be compatible with the tank size (as I've read they're much better used for smaller aquariums) or other fish I aspire to keep such as rainbowfish. Do you guys think i could get away with a large school of pygmy cories (say around 15) with rainbowfish or whether it would be best to stick to the larger varieties of corydoras like panda cories. And what are your experiences with the pygmy cory?

Thank you greatly for your responses!

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline DoubleDutch

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 936
    • -Receive: 924
    Re: Pygmy Cory Compatibility
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 03:33:19 pm »
    Hello all,

I've recently expressed an interest in the pygmy corydoras when looking up potential stocking ideas for my 240L tank. However I am not too sure whether that species of cory would be compatible with the tank size (as I've read they're much better used for smaller aquariums) or other fish I aspire to keep such as rainbowfish. Do you guys think i could get away with a large school of pygmy cories (say around 15) with rainbowfish or whether it would be best to stick to the larger varieties of corydoras like panda cories. And what are your experiences with the pygmy cory?

Thank you greatly for your responses!
    You mean C.pygmaeus don't you?
    I think they'll do great in a bigger tank (often people see them as nano fish, but they appear to be quite sensitive to quite fast changing waterconditions in such tanks). Be aware they are mainly midwaterswimmers and not bottomdwellers ! Pandas are midsize Cories.

No Cory no glory