• Total Topics: 70261
  • Online Today: 107
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

Author Topic: Sterbia cory possible fungas  (Read 955 times)

Offline robbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 85
  • -Receive: 4
Sterbia cory possible fungas
« on: September 06, 2019, 05:37:54 pm »
Hi all. I added 3 small sterbia Cory to my tank about 6 weeks ago. One of them has developed what appears to be a fungas to his/her body. ( I will try and get a photo later )
Is it safe to dose with melafix with corys ? As I’ve read it is not safe for them. The only med I have is melafix although I can go and buy some primafix if this is better.
I spotted it a few days ago so I will be upping my water changes from now but thinking of I should treat or not. I’m a bit stuck at the min as I broke both bones in my leg 3 weeks ago so I’m limited on what I can do. I did manage a 40 litre water change today and I’ll continue to do this every few days. The little guy is eating well. Fed blood worm around an hour ago and he/she was out there eating away happy enough. It doesn’t appear to be getting worse

Tank is 200 litre
6 sterbia
4 panda cory
2 sae
6 cardinals
Around 15 espie rasbora
2 pearl gourami
4 bentosi tetra
Red cherry shrimp ( hard to say how many )
All other tank mates are fine and free from any defects or illnesses.

Filter is a tetra tec ex 1200 filled with biohome media and mechanical filtration is done via a all pond solutions booster filter , also has tmc uv. Tank also has an internal twin sponge air filter as the shrimp like to hang around this. Tank is a well established tank

Parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate around 30 ppm
Ph around 7.6

So do I treat or continue with water changes and keep my eye on things ?

Many thanks all.
Check back for pictures soon

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Stephen

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 147
    • -Receive: 2052
    Re: Sterbia cory possible fungas
    « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 01:36:19 am »
    Hi Rob

It sounds like a natural mucus that I've seen on some Sterbai cory before, is it like a grey thin cloudy mucus?
    I would just keep an eye on it without using medications.

Most of us are now residing at http://www.aquariumforums.co.uk including myself.
    The tropicalfishforums has basically died a death due to the lack of support from the current owners.
    I and a few others tried hard to keep it going but have now given up the ghost.
    Come and join us.
    Please say Stephen referred you. (just type Stephen in the referrer box on registration).

All the best
    Stephen
    Look after your fish and the water, do regular water changes & maintenance, do your research and the hobby will be rewarding.
    All the best
    Stephen

Offline robbo

• Thank You
    • -Given: 85
    • -Receive: 4
    Re: Sterbia cory possible fungas
    « Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 08:37:51 am »
    Hi Rob

It sounds like a natural mucus that I've seen on some Sterbai cory before, is it like a grey thin cloudy mucus?
    I would just keep an eye on it without using medications.

Most of us are now residing at http://www.aquariumforums.co.uk including myself.
    The tropicalfishforums has basically died a death due to the lack of support from the current owners.
    I and a few others tried hard to keep it going but have now given up the ghost.
    Come and join us.
    Please say Stephen referred you. (just type Stephen in the referrer box on registration).

All the best
    Stephen

Hi. Wow I had no idea at all although I haven’t been as active for s while on here with all sorts going on at home. I’ll head over to the other forum now. I’ll te post this question over there . Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk