• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90
Total: 90

Author Topic: Am I good to go?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Nelson1979

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Am I good to go?
« on: October 13, 2019, 12:05:59 am »
I have decided to take the plunge and move to real plants for the first time, I've bought ×4 Amazon Swords (Echinodorus bleheri), Anubias barteri ×1, Echinodorus ‘Ozelot’ ×4 Java Fern ( Microsorum pteropus). I have ×1 Arcadia T8 30" Plant growth lamp plus a 24" L.E.D strip for lighting that's limited to 5 hours a day, I'm dosing daily TNC Complete and TNC Carbon, as the title says am I good to go?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:08:48 am by Nelson1979 »
100 litres: Bronze Corydoras ×2, Electric Blue Rams ×3, Male Betta ×1, Dalmatian Molly ×1, Chinese Algae Eater ×1, Honey Dwarf Guarami ×1, Long Nosed Elephant Snails ×2.

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Stephen

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 147
    • -Receive: 2052
    Re: Am I good to go?
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 12:45:49 am »
    You should be fine.
    Plants such as the Amazon Swords (Echinodorus bleheri) need additional nutrients to their roots, sometimes fertiliser plugs (aquarium safe) can be used.
    Anubias barteri require attaching to rock or wood, this can be achieved by gluing the rhizome with a dab of superglue gel.
    The rhizome needs to be above the substrate hence attaching to wood or rock.

I have sent you an email. ;)

All the best
    Look after your fish and the water, do regular water changes & maintenance, do your research and the hobby will be rewarding.
    All the best
    Stephen

Offline Nelson1979

• Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 0
    « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 01:32:25 am »
    Thanks for the reply and the email, I've super glued the Anubias to a nice piece of bogwood, I've also forgot to add that I bought ×3 java ferns (Microsorum pteropus) which I've also super glued to bogwood, fingers crossed they stay nice and plush and green, always wanted real plants without going high tech.
    100 litres: Bronze Corydoras ×2, Electric Blue Rams ×3, Male Betta ×1, Dalmatian Molly ×1, Chinese Algae Eater ×1, Honey Dwarf Guarami ×1, Long Nosed Elephant Snails ×2.

Offline Stephen

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 147
    • -Receive: 2052
    « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 12:33:21 pm »
    Thanks for the reply and the email, I've super glued the Anubias to a nice piece of bogwood, I've also forgot to add that I bought ×3 java ferns (Microsorum pteropus) which I've also super glued to bogwood, fingers crossed they stay nice and plush and green, always wanted real plants without going high tech.
    Looks like you've done everything required :)
    Look after your fish and the water, do regular water changes & maintenance, do your research and the hobby will be rewarding.
    All the best
    Stephen