• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 115
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Author Topic: Hard water Bettas  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Laura Noob

• Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
Hard water Bettas
« on: October 23, 2019, 10:15:23 pm »
Hi everyone. Oh have a question. Currently I have a 60l planted tank with a few Amanos, a BN plec, two corys (looking to get more soon), some assassins and a beautiful male Betta. The levels have all been good and consistent for a while  (nitrate 7/8ppm, nitrite 0, ammonia 0, pH7.8). The issue is that my Betta is showing signs of stress. He is still eating but has been looking a little bit dusty (orangish colour) and whatever I do it really doesn’t seem to make much difference. I am wondering if the pH and hard water in our taps could be affecting him? I also have trouble keeping any neocaridina shrimp alive for longer than a month or two and will find them on the bottom of the tank untouched so I don’t think it’s the Betta getting them. It seems likely that the mineral heavy water is making their shedding stick??
Not sure if I am barking up the wrong tre but would love to hear your thoughts on the topic. Thanks in advance for any help! thumbsup4
Planted 60 Litre
1 BN Pleco
6 corydoras
Assassin snails
Shrimp

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    • -Given: 22
    • -Receive: 74
    Re: Hard water Bettas
    « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 06:25:10 pm »
    If you look on your local water and type in your post code they let you know if there's been any incidents in your area. Worth a look??

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk