• Total Topics: 70243
  • Online Today: 66
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 44
Total: 45

Author Topic: Nerite snail worms  (Read 751 times)

Offline Mishellfish

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Nerite snail worms
« on: February 26, 2020, 09:48:25 am »
I was watching my nerite snails last night, I saw a gross worm lurking around the shell entrance, I think it went back inside. I noticed as well that this snail has longer tentacles than the others sometimes (or are these worms as well). This morning one tentacle/worm was extended and touching another snail😬

I had no idea this could’ve happen when I got them a couple of weeks ago. In the tank I have cherry shrimp and some neon blue rainbow fish fry, with some plants. It’s quite a new set up which has been going well so far.

I haven’t had nerite snails before, and I can’t find out anything on the internet about this. I don’t think it’s a detritus worm or leach, it was more pointy.

Any information or advice on what to do or if I can get rid of the worms without harming my creatures would be really helpful. I might set up a tank for just the snails and see what happens to the shrimp and fry.

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Mishellfish

• Thank You
    • -Given: 2
    • -Receive: 2
    Re: Nerite snail worms
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 06:37:16 am »
    I think one of the snails has definitely got a lot longer tentacles than the others, perhaps the others have had theirs bitten off by fish in the shop. I’m hoping that the worm I saw was actually a tentacle but because of the light it looked like a worm 😬😬