• Total Topics: 70244
  • Online Today: 66
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 77
Total: 79

Author Topic: Fish dying  (Read 729 times)

Offline Ian270869

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Fish dying
« on: February 26, 2020, 12:32:06 pm »
Hi I've noticed lately that a number of my fish are dying I've checked my water parameters seem fine.  Any ideas on what it could be.
110 litre 107 fluval filter have a mixture of tetra Molly and guppy. Only plastic plants at moment only had aquarium since september

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Mishellfish

• Thank You
    • -Given: 2
    • -Receive: 2
    Re: Fish dying
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 02:06:46 pm »
    Do the fish look/behave normal? Are there any signs such as bloating, becoming thin, inflamed gills, not maintaining their position in water, colour changes or fluffy spots etc

Offline Ian270869

• Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 0
    « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 03:56:51 pm »
    The last one which was a Molly seemed to be struggling a couple of days before but nothing else that I've noticed.

Offline Mishellfish

• Thank You
    « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 07:02:50 pm »
    It is difficult to know without seeing the fish, sometimes the symptoms of internal bacteria can be quite subtle and would include unusual behaviour, not being able to maintain position in water( sinking or floating), change in body shape, bulging eyes.

I don’t have much experience with internal parasites. Sorry that I could not be more helpful. I hope no more of your fish die.

Also if you decide you do want to use any medication, some of them require additional aeration because they lower the oxygen levels in the water.

Offline Mishellfish

• Thank You
    « Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 06:33:21 am »
    Just another thought, I recently purchased a new thermometer which reads about 7 degrees lower than my old one, even though it’s the same kind, and is completely inaccurate. It might be worth double checking your water temperature if you haven’t done so already.