• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 115
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

Author Topic: Fungus or Columnaris?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Louchy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 1
Fungus or Columnaris?
« on: May 31, 2020, 02:24:39 pm »
Hi All,

I am in desperate need of some help, I have around half my stock infected with something, and I’m not sure if it is fungus or columnaris...

Some fish have white patches in and around their mouths (one so bad his mouth is completely deformed)... Some have it on their fins, some on the body, and some inside the gills... Two of the fish seem to have some sort of swim bladder problem where they are swimming completely upright (facing the top of the aquarium), and they also have blood red gills.

Tank has been established for 2 years, 35% water change every week, and parameters are as follows:

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: <20 (tap water is around 15)
PH: 7.4 - 7.6

Tank is stocked with:

4 Rosy Terra
4 Serpae Tetra
10 Red Eye Tetra
9 Bronze Cory
1 Bristlenose
15 Amano Shrimp

The red eyes were the last fish to be added and seem to be most affected, but they were added around 4 months ago, and are only showing signs of illness this week.

I lost quite a few rosy and serpaes across the last 18 months to swim bladder issues, but they died months apart and I thought it was just age related.

So far I haven’t seen any marks/issues with the Cory’s or Plec, but it isn’t easy to spot them as they only tend to come out from under the big wood/plants at night.

Lastly I have been treating for 3 days with a combination of Melafix and Pimafix, purely because I am afraid to use salt or any stronger meds due to the Shrimp/cory’s/plants. There is no improvement since starting the Melafix/Primafix.

See pics below, any help is appreciated.... I just want to know if I have a chance of saving them or if it will eventually kill off all my stock  *bye3*

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement