• Total Topics: 70215
  • Online Today: 58
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Author Topic: Fluval Roma LED lights  (Read 382 times)

Offline rich72

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Fluval Roma LED lights
« on: June 21, 2020, 06:15:44 pm »
Hi,
I am going to downscale the amount of aquariums I have due to health problems.

I've been looking at the Fluval Roma 90,it's a nice looking aquarium and at 60x35 x50cm it still has a capacity of 90L so it's not too small.

Although most reviews are very favourable for this aquarium there does appear to be a question regarding the LED lighting leaving a lot to be desired.

I'm going to go ahead and purchase this setup but I would like,if possible,some feedback from other Fluval Roma owners.Will I need to look at upgrading the lighting or is the stock lighting good enough?

I usually grow the less demanding Cryps and Anubias with the odd Fern and Amazon Swords,with a weekly feed and with a smallish tank like this I'm going to give CO2 a try as well.

So I would love to hear opinions from other Fluval Roma owners to give some advice from their experiences with Fluval.

Thanks for any advice.

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline rich72

• Thank You
    Re: Fluval Roma LED lights
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 12:16:46 pm »
    As there's no replies to my post I assume the Fluval Roma isn't a very popular aquarium so maybe I will stick with Juwel.
    Thanks anyway.

Offline paulca

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 8
    • -Receive: 26
    « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 12:02:32 pm »
    Not sure about popularity, I thought they were popular but I have a Roma 125.  I have noticed a lot of places are out of stock of light tubes and other things for them.

I've never had issues with mine.  The replacement parts are absolutely scandalously priced however.  They want £25 for a single plastic cover panel and nearly £100 for a new light unit.  The full tank only cost around £200 to begin with.
    Roma 125L: 18 Harlequins, 8 Cory, 7 Black tetra, BN, Shrimp - Bicarb/Acid CO2, EI Ferts - APS1400EF+

Offline rich72

• Thank You
    « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 04:27:45 pm »
    Hi paulca,
    Thanks for your reply,2 days ago I actually went ahead and bought the Juwel Rio 125 in the end,I must be honest and say that the finish of the aquarium and matching stand is superb.

The lighting is absolutely brilliant from the two 14w LEDs and the pump is whisper quiet,I've loaded the internal filter with bio media as per Pond Guro's 'pimp my filter' and I am really happy with how the tank looks.

Thanks for your reply but I really feel I've made the right choice.