• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 115
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Author Topic: Any idea what these are?!?  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Rooney1989

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 0
Any idea what these are?!?
« on: August 21, 2020, 08:26:45 pm »
These have appeared in my daughters fish tank and I'm not sure what they are. They look like very small rounded things that move through the water quite fast but seem to prefer being on the bottom. Can anyone help me identify them? And also any info on how to remove them would be great too!

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Lynnzer

• Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • Always trying: Just ask my wife.......
    Re: Any idea what these are?!?
    « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 06:17:50 am »
    I had those appear in my tank too. Don't know how they got in there but possibly from eggs on some new plants I put in.
    Anyway they were abominable things to get rid of. I don't know what their name is but I call them speedo snails due their fast movement. They breed like crazy too.
    The only way I could get rid of them was to add two pea puffer fish into the tank, gave it a couple of weeks and they are all gone. If you do the same, take the puffer fish back to where you bought them for a credit as they will also eat the tails of any fish coming close to them. They are very small but very aggressive.
    Now look-see at my live-streaming tank. If it's switched on.
    https://www.twitch.tv/thebridesmother

Offline 3ishop

• Thank You
    • -Given: 3
    Re: Any idea what these are?!?
    « Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:52 pm »
    Look like snails to me, had similar when we got some real plants. We got assassin snails which have eaten all of them, aren't a threat to anything else in our tank and are quite nice to have. I'm considering getting some more plants to get them more prey! lol