• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 115
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68

Author Topic: Bri's Tank Log  (Read 45858 times)

Offline grommit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 106
  • -Receive: 4
  • Thanks for reading, Bri
Bri's Tank Log
« on: August 19, 2012, 06:08:50 pm »
well guys it's been a few days since i set my tank:
Tank (LxDxH): 81 x 36 x 45 cm (131.0L) Rekord 800
Filters: Juwel Compact/Bioflow 3.0 + Pump 400
Sera Precision 275 R Plus air pump
15/8/12 tank set up
17/8/12 50% water change-wasnt happy with the decor!
Unfortinately i have decided on gravel and plastic flowers :closedeyes: but saving the real plants for my 5ft tank next year.
19/08/12 i am going to be away on and off for 2 weeks so today  my PH reading is 7.6 and my ammonia was 0.25ppm.
As there is no harm in introducing ammonia now then going for it when i get back i introduced 5.15ml of 9.5% ammonia to the tank and i will test it in about an hour and adjust up to 4-5ppm as required.
a test tomorrow before i go will keep me happy.
Aphasia (pronounced uh-fey-zhuh) is a condition caused by injury to the brain and affects a person’s ability to communicate. It is most often the result of stroke or traumatic brain injury. People with aphasia may have difficulty expressing themselves when speaking, difficulty understanding the speech of others, and difficulty reading and writing.

Starting off again after severe illness.
Thank you.
Brian

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    Re: Bri's Tank Log
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 07:00:59 pm »
    Not a good pic but the best i can do til i find my digi cam.
    It looks a bit baron....its starting to do my head in to be honest lol
    Aphasia (pronounced uh-fey-zhuh) is a condition caused by injury to the brain and affects a person’s ability to communicate. It is most often the result of stroke or traumatic brain injury. People with aphasia may have difficulty expressing themselves when speaking, difficulty understanding the speech of others, and difficulty reading and writing.

Thank you.
    Brian

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:29:19 pm »
    Ammonia now reading 4ppm *applause*

Thank you.
    Brian

Offline fruity

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 0
    « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 07:32:56 pm »
    You're further along than I :)

I just have an empty tank sitting on its end drying in the bath!

Have you thought about how you'll stock it?
    Terrorism is the war of the poor and powerless. War is the terrorism of the rich and powerful.

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    « Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 07:36:43 pm »
    Hi Fruity,
    thanks for looking and replying.
    My Daughter insists on the following:
    5 x Glo Fish (Danio rerio)
    8 x Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi)
    3 x Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda)
    She is fascinated by the glo fish bles her.
    She has helped me with the tests and she is learning on her lap top all about fishes etc.
    cheers,
    Bri

Thank you.
    Brian

Offline fruity

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 0
    « Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »
    Some danio's are very vibrant aren't they, sort of thing I'd of thought would swim down a stream by Chernobyl. I believe they're actually genetically modified.

I like those cherry shrimps too, will be getting some for my aquarium, once it's well established. That or some crystal reds (below), which are striped red and white, very bright again.

Hope it gives you both lots of fun!
    Terrorism is the war of the poor and powerless. War is the terrorism of the rich and powerful.

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    « Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 08:04:33 pm »
    Some danio's are very vibrant aren't they, sort of thing I'd of thought would swim down a stream by Chernobyl. I believe they're actually genetically modified.

I like those cherry shrimps too, will be getting some for my aquarium, once it's well established. That or some crystal reds (below), which are striped red and white, very bright again.

Hope it gives you both lots of fun!

Wow,
    They Are lovely...mind you am a Geordie so red & white is a no no roflmao
    now i have the tank i'm for some reason already planning the big tank off with natural plants...lol
    thx
    Bri

Thank you.
    Brian

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 31
    • -Receive: 10
    « Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 09:49:24 pm »
    acht get blue shrimp ;)

nice tank :) got on well you have :)
    would turn up the nossle for the fliter outlet though so it helps break the water surface :)
    *worthless*
    well done if you have *grin* *applause* :frogdot:
    have you voted today?

Offline Kyle

• TFF Supporter
    • Est. Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 10
    • -Receive: 8
    • American Cichlid Nut :D
    « Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »
    Look forward to seeing this develop :)

Unfortunately Glowfish are illegal to own and import into the UK as they are genetically modified. Along with that ive read a number of times f them loosing the colour after 6 months and not living much longer.
    Tank 1: 240L
    7x Hypsophrys Nematopus (Breeding Group)
    1x Veija Maculicauda
    1x Amatitlania nigrofasciata
    1x Amphilophus Chanco

Tank 2: 240L
    5x Hypselecara Temporalis
    4x Thorichthys sp Mixteco (Blue)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thecichlidden/

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    « Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 11:43:35 pm »
    yeah Jackie i've just noticed the nozzle don't know what i've done there but chuffed you saw it lol.
    Kyle its a shame with them glo fish ain't it...i'm gonna have to break the news to my daughter gently..."Listen darling i can't get them glo fish but hows about a bigger shoal of Tetra's?"
    Blue shrimp...HMMMMMMM!! gonna do some looking...mind you i fancy them red & white now gotta have some novelty in the tank.
    Thx guys for commenting means a lot.
    bri

Thank you.
    Brian

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    « Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 10:06:55 am »
    Nozzle adjusted.
    Ammonia reading was somewhat different to last nights readin...probably due to lighting and my poor old eyes, so i added 2.76ml.
    But as i said with going away itll not do any harm with not being able to do daily adjustments.
    I do have a crazy idea of adding a stronger dose of ammonia with the time being away......... *d'oh*

Thank you.
    Brian

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 31
    • -Receive: 10
    « Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 02:07:23 pm »
    you might stall it, I would test before you go and do what you think best lol, then test on your return, don't think you would be set back any either way ;)
    *worthless*
    well done if you have *grin* *applause* :frogdot:
    have you voted today?

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    « Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 12:10:55 pm »
    you might stall it, I would test before you go and do what you think best lol, then test on your return, don't think you would be set back any either way ;)

Now I'm gonna try moss and some other plants there's going to be a new cycle started.
    It's a very exiting time decisions decisions eh.
    Got the last trading post saved for the moss but I like one of the types of grass so I think I'll do a few drawings til I get back.
    What a time to go on holiday CRAZY!!
    Catchy ya Lata
    Bri

Thank you.
    Brian

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    « Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 10:28:31 am »
    Not good being away on holiday lol
    2 days and I've already rearranged the tank a hundred times in my mind!
    Think a total re-vamp when I get back!
    Natural plants is the way ahead as I'll only be always wanting to try it.
    Oh well back to trying to enjoy my hols.

Thank you.
    Brian

Offline grommit

• Thank You
    « Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »
    After hrs of researching and head exploding I've decided on dwarf hair grass carpet but not a full carpet, I want to leave a natural area in between a archway in my log as if it was a stream bed.
    I want to use java moss on nearly all the bog wood I have in, but not sure on the archway piece.
    From there I'll decide on any other plants but my likes is a non cluttered miminalistic look.
    Here is a quick drawing of what I have in mind...don't laugh at my drawing skills roflmao

From there I'll look at other plants but for now keeping it simple as I can.
    Thx for looking,
    Bri

Thank you.
    Brian