• Total Topics: 70264
  • Online Today: 56
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 67
Total: 67

Author Topic: 200l AquaOak (Video Added 29/09)  (Read 6664 times)

Kedge

Re: 200l AquaOak
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2012, 04:48:54 pm »
That's good then, thought it was best to get it down to single figures. Been for a look round and not find anything that grabs me to put in the tank just yet, everything I want seems to need a well established tank.

Here's a pic of the whole tank for fruity ;-)

Couple of snails munching away, this algae covered about a third of the wood you can see in this pic. Also shows just how much mess they make in the process, all hoovered up now;

Also too a little video as a couple of days ago I dropped in a catfish pellet and the Tetras went mad for it, in the process the mail Rosy Tetras proved my comment wrong about them being wimps and not daring to go in the catfish layer :-D

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 31
    • -Receive: 10
    Re: 200l AquaOak (Video Added 29/09)
    « Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 07:04:08 pm »
    lovely :)
    *worthless*
    well done if you have *grin* *applause* :frogdot:
    have you voted today?

Offline Clo99

• Thank You
    • -Given: 1
    • -Receive: 0
    « Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 02:26:52 pm »
    They all look happy and very active!
    Juwel Rio 125:
    9 Cardinal Tetra
    11 Rummy Nose Tetra
    5 Chocolate Kuhli loach
    5 Pygmy Corydoras
    5 Red Cherry Shrimp
    2 Assassin snails

Kedge

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2012, 04:46:21 pm »
    Thanks guys, all the Tetras are very active and also complete pigs, they really seem to enjoy swimming through the plants and in and out of the bogwood.

Well I added some fish fish on Sunday, think I may have jumped the gun a bit early but the guy at the LFS was pretty sure my tank would be ready for some Dwarf Cichlids since I've had no fluctuations in my water. I bought a pair of Rams and a pair of Cacatuoides.

All looked fine, eating dry and live food with no problems and very active, until I noticed last night before work that the female Ram was acting a bit odd. She seemed a bit lethargic and kept heading towards the surface, I also noticed that her mouth looked white but no sign on any fungal type fur and she was pouching her lips. Since I had very little time due to having to leave for work all I was able to do was a quick 20% water change as I've got no medication but it was no luck and she died over night  *rip*

Now onto a lighter note, the others are still looking fine and took food first thing this morning. Then this afternoon I noticed something quite exciting, since adding the Cacatuoide it had become apparent that the female had taken a shine to the spot under the heater, so much for them liking to hide in caves. Then as I was watching her today see kept pecking at the underside, on closer inspection it looks like she's laid some eggs *frantic*

Here's my male Ram out in open water;

Mrs Cacatuoide venturing away from the heater;

Tending to her eggs;

Her's Dad;

Excuse the dirty glass but I don't tend to keep the sides as clean as the front *giggle*

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 05:44:03 pm »
    RIP wee ram :(

whoohoo the cockatooos :)
    *worthless*
    have you voted today?

Kedge

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2012, 04:31:43 pm »
    More concern today, noticed that my other Ram has some white on his lip :confused: He's swimming about fine and is eating though. What's the best thing to do, I haven't got a quarantine tank?

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #66 on: October 04, 2012, 04:46:39 pm »
    take him back to the shop :(
    *worthless*
    have you voted today?

Kedge

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2012, 04:51:42 pm »
    Do shops accept fish on return then if they're ill?

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #68 on: October 04, 2012, 05:02:23 pm »
    I would or at least call them and explain you have nowhere to treat him, will they supply treatment free or take hime back for credit? your tank was not sick before you added the pair, have you had a refund for the female yet?
    *worthless*
    have you voted today?

Kedge

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »
    Well I've called them and they've just blamed the fact that they are "sensitive Rams" and it's probably because of the shock on transporting them and putting them in a new environment. No refund or credit offered, just told to get some Myxazin and treat with that. Think that's lost them a customer, shame as all the other fish I've had from there have been excellent.

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #70 on: October 04, 2012, 07:58:36 pm »
    think the name n shame thread should get a bump up from you, sad stuff, shame about the poor fish and hope he gets better soon :)
    *worthless*
    have you voted today?

Kedge

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2012, 08:12:53 pm »
    It may come as a suprise but it was the very well renowed Wharf Aquatics :ohmy:

Anyway, in prepartion for the hopefully hatching of the Cockatoo eggs, what can I get for feeding the fry? She's certainly getting more and more protective of the eggs chasing everyone away, although Dad seems to be allowed to stay close by, although she ignore the Embers which I'm happy about.

Offline fruity

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 0
    « Reply #72 on: October 04, 2012, 09:48:29 pm »
    Crushed fish flakes. Live brine shrimps. Are two that I have read about for fry. Best wait for Jackie&Co to comment though!

Egg yolk is another. Are you going to move the fry? They'll get munched up if you don't?
    Terrorism is the war of the poor and powerless. War is the terrorism of the rich and powerful.

Kedge

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »
    I crush the flake and discs anyway for the Embers. Not seen anywhere selling brine shrimp though, would they take Daphnia?

Well I've just won a 60l tank in a raffle so could set that up but that won't be mature  :confused: I was originally hoping to rely on the adults parenting skills as there are plenty of hiding places in the tank.

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #74 on: October 05, 2012, 02:39:45 pm »
    oh dear, don't wait on me, I am not an expert here, just got too much free time on my hands lol
    I would leave them, I have kribs in my 3 footer (they are on a break just now though her being nippy with him :() they looked after 2 lots of babies together though with a tankful of mouths, I suppose the cockatoos are similar, they snuffled through the greenery/mossy chompers, flake the parents munched and offered them :) they will find a way :)
    my lot get defrosted bloodworm/daphnia/mussel/prawn/allsorts but defrosted first :)
    *worthless*
    have you voted today?