• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

Author Topic: 200l AquaOak (Video Added 29/09)  (Read 7480 times)

Kedge

Re: 200l AquaOak (Video Added 29/09)
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2012, 03:03:38 pm »
Thanks Jackie, mine get frozen daphnia every other day and occasionally bloodworm, defrosted of course, so it sounds like I don't really need to change my feeding routine much at all.

However when I came home this morning and had a look the eggs were no where to be seen and there's no sign of tiny fry, the female was still hanging around in the area near the filter chasing everyone off and see was spending the rest of her time picking at the gravel. Wonder whether they hatched and got eaten very quickly!?

The Ram looks to have made an improvement, no sign of white fur now. However now one of my Rosy's is looking ill, has bulging eyes, its head and mouth area look pale and swollen and she's keeping out the way of everyone else  :mellow:

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 31
    • -Receive: 10
    « Reply #76 on: October 05, 2012, 04:57:24 pm »
    maybe they have been sucked into the filter!
    *worthless*
    well done if you have *grin* *applause* :frogdot:
    have you voted today?

Kedge

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »
    Ahh crap, that's a bloody good point since the inlet is only a couple of inches away. Would it be worth meshing the filter inlet if I see eggs in future, probably not a good idea to do it all the time.

Update on the Rosy Tetra, In the time from me updating earlier and going straight out to get some Myxazin and coming back she had deteriorated massively, was floating more than swimming and she died a short while after. So since adding the Cichlids from Wharf aquatics less than a week ago I've lost one new Ram, have another that I can't be sure is better yet and have lost a Rosy Tetra :-(. Think I need to research more on quarantine/hospital tanks but I haven't really got the space or money to setup and run another tank.

I'm going to run a course of medication to try to kill off anything that might still be lurking in the tank. While running the treat I'm assuming i should wait to do a water change until it's complete and once it is complete do I need to run carbon in the filter to soak up the medication?

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #78 on: October 05, 2012, 06:42:15 pm »
    dunno about the carbon, I use esha and never bother, it does not annoy the filter munchers so I don't bother with them either ;)
    does the bottom part come off the filter?
    if it does and she lays there again I would try and remove it to somewhere else in the tank, just leave it on the substrate away from the flow, she will follow you (glaring mind).....  then add the tights or mesh to the base as it will be open :)
    just a thought :)
    the fry might turn up though, they might have gotten a lift in her mouth to somewhere less currenty :)
    *worthless*
    have you voted today?

Kedge

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2012, 10:30:09 pm »
    I'll not bother with carbon then.

She laid the eggs on the heater which is near the filter inlet so can't really relocate that, hence why I was thinking of using some mesh on the inlet.

Thought I was going to be updating this tonight saying all the fish were looking healthy and because of that I was going to half dose the rest of the Myxazin course. However just checked the tank before the light went out and despite everyone looking healthy a couple of hours ago I saw one of the female black phantoms dead at the back of the tank, I've looked over her and I can't see anything wrong at all  *dontknow* Water stats are all good  :confused:

Offline jackiemcg34

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    « Reply #80 on: October 08, 2012, 01:01:56 pm »
    Oh I thought that was the base of the filter. Sorry you lost another wee fishy :(
    *worthless*
    have you voted today?