• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 88
Total: 88

Author Topic: L002 Tiger  (Read 796 times)

Offline Ahmotorsport

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
L002 Tiger
« on: October 01, 2012, 06:22:14 pm »
Evening.

I recently bought some JMC Catfish Pellets, for the Cory, i dumped a few in today, as my Bolivian ram wanted some too.

Loki, the L002 has just gone to the spot where they landed and is munching away on something, Cory next to him too doing the same, do you think he's eating them? He keeps popping his mouth up and down from the ground, so i'm wondering if he's sucking one up and munching on it?

I would look, but he would scurry away.
28L - Male Siamese Fighting Betta (Thor).

100L - Bristlenose (Maverick) L002 Tiger Plec (Loki) 2x Orange Venezuelan Cory, 8x Neon Tetra, 5x Black Neon Tetra, 2x M Guppy, 1x M Bolivian Ram (Aragorn)

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Ahmotorsport

• Thank You
    Re: L002 Tiger
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 06:41:22 pm »
    I know it's  weird question, but Scatz said being Pekoltia will mainly munch on the wood and being that he hasn't eaten anything else i've tried it surprised me to see him take a liking to them so quickly, he's definitely eating them!

100L - Bristlenose (Maverick) L002 Tiger Plec (Loki) 2x Orange Venezuelan Cory, 8x Neon Tetra, 5x Black Neon Tetra, 2x M Guppy, 1x M Bolivian Ram (Aragorn)

Offline scatz

• Pleco Nutter
    • TFF Staff Retired
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 1
    • -Receive: 6
    « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:59:14 pm »
    the L002 is a panaque (wood eater), they will eat almost anything but shouldn't have too much protein in their diet. The catfish pellets won't do them any harm at all. my main point was that they have to have access to soft wood to eat to maintain the bacteria in their gut, but will eat most things

Offline Jamesb

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    L002 Tiger
    « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:00:39 pm »
    Aren't they a panaque the l002? I know the panaque are proper wood munchers. The peckoltia like the l134 for example go for meatier things with a side salad on the side. I think that's right anyway. As for eating the pellets I can't comment I guess it's down to what's I front of him at the time! I wish my plec would let me see him eat the lil bugger

Offline Jamesb

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    L002 Tiger
    « Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 08:06:17 pm »
    Sorry for the double reply u went to reply and got held up (putting lil one to bed) then carried on my comment without checking thread. Scatz your a pleco pro, any ideas what food I can try and coax my l134 out of the back of the cave with? I have not seen the lil bugger eat since I got him. (About 3 weeks)

Offline scatz

• Pleco Nutter
    • TFF Staff Retired
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 1
    • -Receive: 6
    « Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:58 pm »
    Sorry for the double reply u went to reply and got held up (putting lil one to bed) then carried on my comment without checking thread. Scatz your a pleco pro, any ideas what food I can try and coax my l134 out of the back of the cave with? I have not seen the lil bugger eat since I got him. (About 3 weeks)

I never see mine come out either but know they eat as its all gone by the morning. My L134 get bloodworm, tetra prima, flake food, hakari wafers and new era pleco pellets, they tend to come out quicker for the bloodworm though

Offline Jamesb

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    L002 Tiger
    « Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 08:13:07 pm »
    Well ATM the tank gets blood worm, tetra prima, flake, new era catfish pellets, tetra pleco wafers and the odd bit of cucumber and very occasionally a prawn. I am guessing he is eating as he is still alive. would just be nice to see something interest him enough to move to it the rest of the fish in tank are vultures so I don't know how much he is getting

Offline Jamesb

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    L002 Tiger
    « Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 08:17:33 pm »
    Sorry for the minor hijack Chris. Now slowly backing away with my hands where you can see them!

Offline Ahmotorsport

• Thank You
    « Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 08:21:06 pm »
    Sorry yes i did mean Panaque! I've just been looking at Peckoltia's! xD

Well it's the first bit of food i've seen him eat other than wood, so win win there! I do have three pieces of bogwood, all different types and i'll be hopefully getting a biiiiig tank for Christmas and that will have lots and lots of wood.

Thanks for your help!