• Total Topics: 70264
  • Online Today: 47
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 50
Total: 51

Author Topic: What shall I do...  (Read 2149 times)

J3nnifar

Re: What shall I do...
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 02:28:36 am »
I really like the look of German rams, maybe a pair for my centre piece fish. what do we think? Are they agressive as a pair? Also like the look of the harlequin tetra, have a shoal of them and maybe some corys and ottos. Any ideas?  *blink*

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Ruth

• Thank You
    • -Given: 1366
    • -Receive: 503
    « Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 07:32:26 am »
    I like rams too.  The advice i got is to def get a male and female.  That sounds like a nice wee line up to me.  You could try posting questions about fish in the 'livestock' section here and you might get more replies...  Im still deciding, but i def wiuld like blue rams in the mix.  I love the sterb. Corys too and im thinking maybe some marbled hatchet fish a BN pleco.  Dunno what else!

Offline turbo200

• Est. Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 0
    • -Receive: 54
    « Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 07:59:52 am »
    I have 5 rams in my tank I'm just waiting to see if they pair up then I can move them, but they are not aggressive to the other fish they just swim around chasing each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J3nnifar

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 11:08:16 pm »
    Ooh brilliant thank you! While keep looking around see if there are any I like. Just adore the colours of the Rams!

Thank you all!

Offline Ruth

• Thank You
    • -Given: 1366
    • -Receive: 503
    « Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 11:46:09 pm »
    Have you looked into lemon tetra?  They are pretty when matured!

Offline waynes world

• Thank You
    • -Given: 192
    • -Receive: 236
    « Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 02:15:50 am »
    we also like Rams, colours are amazing for FW tropical fish, always look characturful, cant spell that , well it is early lol
    T1 - 550l
    6 Serpae, 15 Rummy Nose, 12 Glowlight, 12 Black widow, 9 Pristella,6 Cory trilineatus, 4 Albino Cory, 1 Hill stream Loach, 4 Kuhli, L83, 1 L91, Horse faced Loach.
    Fish Room, QT 14 Baby Kribs, BT1 Empty, BT2 4 Albino Corys.

J3nnifar

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 04:22:41 pm »
    Yes they are lovely arnt they! I think there deffinitly on the list, along with a school of tetra of some sort (love the lemons, look lovely on a black background), some corys and a small plec.

Offline Stephen

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 147
    • -Receive: 2052
    « Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 04:53:04 pm »
    Rams will like your water, as for centre-piece? they are small.
    Look after your fish and the water, do regular water changes & maintenance, do your research and the hobby will be rewarding.
    All the best
    Stephen

Offline Lurker

• Thank You
    • -Given: 2
    • -Receive: 130
    « Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 04:56:31 pm »
    It wasn't actually food dye, my mum thought it was but it was white spot medicine! I don't know what was going through her mind :( the tank was blue for a good solid month. It's back to it's normal colour now the water though.

For future reference, and in the hopefully unlikely event of similar water problems, no matter what the cause, immediate, large water changes are essential.

Where the above disaster is concerned, a couple of 90% water changes one after another should have seen the water free of most of the overdose almost immediately, rather than waiting a month for it to clear.
    It's said that the worst thing is fear of the unknown, but I suppose that all depends on what you know!

J3nnifar

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 04:58:55 pm »
    What would you suggest Stephen? Just throwing around ideas, is there any fish I should not keep if I have the Rams?

Thank you Lurker! I hope it never happens again though but that is useful to know:)

Offline Stephen

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 147
    • -Receive: 2052
    « Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 05:22:39 pm »
    What would you suggest Stephen? Just throwing around ideas, is there any fish I should not keep if I have the Rams?
    You are really spoilt for choose with your water.
    You could have a dozen rams (I don't keep rams), they are so gorgeous.

You could have a South American theme with corydoras, tetras, hatchet fish and the like.

You could have an Asian theme with soft water species such as rasbora.

I would go to your local fish stockist, take a note pad and pen, have a look at the tropical fish and make a note of the common and latin name.
    Go home and research the fish that you like.
    Research will tell you what is the best water, water temperature, maximum size of species and compatibility.
    We can all give suggestions but they will be YOUR fish and what I like may not be what you like.

Hope it helps
    Look after your fish and the water, do regular water changes & maintenance, do your research and the hobby will be rewarding.
    All the best
    Stephen

J3nnifar

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »
    Ooh I do like the idea of a theme! I will do just that thank you very much :)