• Total Topics: 70296
  • Online Today: 115
  • Online Ever: 874
  • (January 15, 2020, 07:42:34 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Author Topic: Tank Log  (Read 23266 times)

Offline plankton

• TFF Staff Retired
  • Superhero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 162
  • -Receive: 6657
  • I will say this only once, OK a million times....
Re: Tank Log
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2014, 10:19:43 am »
King British are/is one of those I've noticed produce a film if there's too much fed.
Sent from my PC as I still don't understand the the logic for mobile internet usage ;) *grin*
I really hate "autocorrupt"!!!

"We found this spoon sir"

Take it easy
Ian

TropicalFishForums

• Advertisement

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    • -Given: 22
    • -Receive: 74
    « Reply #31 on: May 26, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »
    They normally get fed once a day every other day at least does that class as too much ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline plankton

• TFF Staff Retired
    • Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 162
    • -Receive: 6657
    • I will say this only once, OK a million times....
    « Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 12:27:16 pm »
    No, but perhaps there's too much at once, I only got the KB stuff once, it's good value but seems to leach that protein film too much for my liking. I'm using JBL stuff now.
    Sent from my PC as I still don't understand the the logic for mobile internet usage ;) *grin*
    I really hate "autocorrupt"!!!

"We found this spoon sir"

Take it easy
    Ian

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 09:17:07 am »
    Hmm may have a look around everything else seems in too big of containers which is my problem they're only halfway through the flakes now after they've used it for 3/4 months as well as me dropping loads of it. What about love fish I've seen that brand of food around lfs is that any good for just basic tropical food ??

Offline Sacha

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 36
    • -Receive: 238
    • From a Basement on the Hill
    « Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 09:21:33 am »
    Buy New Life Spectrum small fish formula
    Juwel Rio 125:

19 Cardinal Tetras
    5 Silvertip Tetras
    5 Corydoras Trilineatus
    2 Otocinclus Vittatus
    2 Pentazona Barbs
    2 Zebra Danios

Tank log:

https://www.tropicalfishforums.co.uk/index.php?topic=54857.0

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 09:30:42 am »
    I'll be getting danios soon as well are they classed as small fish they only grow to 5cm like danios

Offline Sacha

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 36
    • -Receive: 238
    • From a Basement on the Hill
    « Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 09:39:47 am »
    Think you made a typo
    Juwel Rio 125:

19 Cardinal Tetras
    5 Silvertip Tetras
    5 Corydoras Trilineatus
    2 Otocinclus Vittatus
    2 Pentazona Barbs
    2 Zebra Danios

Tank log:

https://www.tropicalfishforums.co.uk/index.php?topic=54857.0

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 10:51:04 pm »
    Sorry yhea meant a dwarf gourmi which I'm not sure if they're a small fish or not since they only grow to 5cm like the danios I currently have

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #38 on: June 09, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »
    right its official. throughout this week i shall remove a quarter of gravel every third day (or fourth day whichever is easiest and water levels have been most stable for) and hopefully by the end of next week i shall have sand in the tank.

after a chat with the lfs and an ungodly amount of time on google last night it looks like ill be getting hairgrass as a foreground plant. lfs reckons i shouldn't need anything under the sand if im using fertilizers (having a research into that so far im not using tablets because of corys and i may be using flourish we shall see). i know pets at home do some (probably extortionate) or i may get some from the sponsor website on here (whatever its called)

i know there's a possibility of the corys digging it up but hopefully the grass will be well established in the tank before i add them and if not i can keep the corys in a quarantine tank for a bit while the grass establishes or ask lfs to hold onto some for me if they start running out in the shop again (alot of other people have been asking for panda corys other than me now). and if the corys dig it up oh well its what they do i can just go back to the original plan of moss on a low flat rock.

i may at some point put some java fern in this week if i go visit my grandparents and ask to borrow any fishing line they may have lying around in the garage. at this rate i think it may have to be from pets at home as lfs doesn't do plants until some of the greener thumbed customers donate it after a clear out. (same goes for the water lettuce as well if he has any in)

the fish have ostrosized one of their own so a tank remodel is in order, hopefully when i boost their numbers that will help preventing one from being banished to one of the corners of the tank

i've also bought some fish food so i can get rid of that horrid oiley British king and start feeding them the Aquarian food which i got from lfs. random fact did you know aquarian was owned by Mars (as in mars bars mars). i didnt haha

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #39 on: June 09, 2014, 06:29:10 pm »
    New tank layout did a 5l water change could have put it off for a few more days but it was a precaution in case of any spikes

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #40 on: June 09, 2014, 06:31:41 pm »

Can anyone tell I've got OCD haha with my one square of in gravelled bit (even those few strands are irritating me) this should stop them squishing just one fish off in the corner now

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #41 on: June 12, 2014, 10:31:59 pm »
    Right did another removal of gravel yesterday ended up giving a filter in a litre of water. Left the tank -1 litre over night because I knew a spike was coming (took too much gravel out). As of today ammonia reading 0.25 so took out 10 litres and changed it over (water now at normal level) added some QuickStart and will test first thing tomorrow morning and see if I need another small change or if that's done the job. Not sure how long to wait before taking more gravel out though.... Gave the fish a sinking Alge pellet before I binned them (rubbish British king) gone mad for it so I may keep that. At this rate I'm only binning the flakes. Managed to get some non blurry pics of them though  woop

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 10:52:28 pm »
    been a while since i posted on here. i got through the gravel removal easily enough with no spikes (i think), i've now put sand in from the LFS i went with silver sand in the end since i had a bit of a debate with myself about if i should go black but im happy with my choice. the whole process of emptying out the tank putting the sand in took me about half an hour. i had all my sand cleaned and preped, the fish were in the quarintine tank with the filter and heater, all ornements were in a seperate bucket to keep any bacteria alive on them. i all went smoothly. im not quite sure how much i have in but it is fairly deep everywhere (about an inch or inch and a half) i didnt level it off but its all pretty thick. the fish were funny with it spent a couple of minutes wanting them flick themselves against it, zip around, 'eat it' then spit it out. so after leaving the tank in disaray for so long im glad i did it.
    i've notice my male danio is starting to get a bit slim looking and pale, ive been trying to feed him tactically more than the others but he seems to get full faster than the other two (as well as chased off) ill just try feeding him for a while multipul times throughout the day and see where he goes from there. theres no outward signs of illness other than him being pale and skinny, no change in behaviour from the substrate change hes always been the palest and smallest (as per usual with males i think). well see how extra feedings does him.
    thought id add some pictures of the tank and how its going as well and leave you with that. hopefully ill be getting some plants soon (as soon as funds will allow) im unsure on what carpeting plant to get but thats another thread:

Offline JumpMaster

• Superhero Member
    • Thank You
    • -Given: 417
    • -Receive: 567
    « Reply #43 on: July 25, 2014, 02:20:44 am »
    Very nice! !

Sent from my SM-G7105 using Tapatalk

My Tank Log *link*

Offline Zebra Fish

• Thank You
    « Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 02:23:47 am »
    Can't wait till I can actually put some real plants in, want to get jungle val behind the bogwood, I'll section off the amazon frogbit above it that way in the opposite corner where the tall plastic plant is an amazon sword will go it will have plenty of access to light. Still don't know about carpeting plants though :S